- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 pounds flank steak
- In a medium bowl, whisk together chili sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic. Set aside a few tablespoons of the mixture for brushing the steaks during grilling. Score flank steak and place in a shallow dish. Pour remaining marinade over the steak, and turn to coat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
- Lightly brush the grilling surface with oil. Grill steak 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness, brushing frequently with the reserved marinade mixture.