- 3 pounds beef chuck
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 (10 fluid ounce) bottleWorcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place roast in a Dutch oven, and sprinkle with chopped onions. Cover with tomatoes, water, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat with lid slightly ajar for 3 hours.
- Remove meat, and shred with 2 forks. Discard bones, fat and gristle. place shredded meat back into sauce, and cook until liquid is reduced, 15 to 20 minutes.