- 4 pounds lean beef brisket
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pour liquid smoke over brisket. Rub with onion salt and garlic salt. Roll brisket in foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Place brisket in a large roasting pan. Cover and bake for 5 to 6 hours. Remove from oven, cool, and then slice. Put slices back into pan.
- In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, ketchup, butter, water, celery salt, liquid smoke, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir, and cook until boiling.
- Pour sauce over meat slices in pan. Cover and bake for 1 more hour.