- 24x8x1 inch untreated cedar plank
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns, crushed
- Submerge untreated cedar plank in water. Soak approximately 12 hours, or overnight.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Place prepared plank on the grill, and sprinkle with coarse salt. Cover grill and heat plank 2 to 3 minutes, until dry. Adjust grill temperature for medium heat.
- Rub salmon filets with olive oil. Arrange on the plank. Top salmon with red onion, lemon slices and black peppercorns.
- Cook salmon, covered, 10 to 12 minutes, or until opaque and easily flaked with a fork.