- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet brown the chicken in butter/margarine. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from skillet and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In the drippings (in the skillet), saute onion and celery until tender. Add cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce. Mix well.
- Pour cranberry mixture over chicken and bake in the preheated oven for 90 minutes, basting every 15 minutes.