- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Dijon-style prepared mustard
- 8 fluid ounces beer
- 1/2 cup Italian-style salad dressing
- Prepare an outdoor grill for medium heat.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Coat with mustard.
- Pour half of beer out of can and refill with Italian style dressing. Place can on a disposable baking sheet. Set chicken on beer can (it acts as a stand), inserting can into cavity of the chicken.
- Place baking sheet with beer and chicken on the preheated grill. Cover, and cook about 1 hour, until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.