- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 1 envelope Fleischmann’s® Pizza Crust Yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/3 cups very warm water (120 degrees to 130 degrees F)*
- 1/3 cup oil
- Additional flour for rolling
- Additional oil for grilling
- Pizza sauce
- Other toppings as desired
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Start charcoal fire or preheat gas grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic but not sticky, about 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 8 portions. Pat or roll dough on a well-floured counter to about 8-inch circles; they do not need to be perfect.
- Brush both sides of crust with additional oil. Using hands, lift each crust carefully and place on grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes until bottom is lightly browned and top looks set. Using long handled tongs, remove crust from grill, grilled side up, to a platter or baking sheet.
- Lightly add sauce and top the grilled side of each pizza crust. Excess sauce or toppings makes the pizza hard to handle. Repeat with remaining pizzas.
- Carefully slide each pizza onto the grill. Cook an additional 3 to 4 minutes until bottom of crust is browned and cheese is melted. Remove from grill and serve immediately.