- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 portobello mushroom caps
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 6 kaiser rolls, split, toasted
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 6 tomato slices
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Whisk together the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Arrange the portobello mushrooms gill-side up on a tray or baking sheet. Brush the mushrooms with some of the vinegar mixture, and allow to marinate for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place the marinated mushrooms on the preheated grill, gill-side down. Grill mushrooms until tender, brushing both sides of the mushrooms with the remaining marinade, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Mix the mayonnaise, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and basil in a small bowl. Butter the toasted kaiser rolls, then spread with the mayonnaise mixture. Divide the mushrooms, lettuce, and tomato slices evenly to make 6 sandwiches.